The Extra Virgin Olive Oil is one of those foods that the body absorbs directly, so when taken on an empty stomach, all the nutrients and benefits it provides are absorbed much better and faster and also its properties are multiplied.
The benefits of taking a spoonful of olive oil every morning on an empty stomach:
- Improves the functioning of the digestive system: stimulates intestinal transit, promotes the absorption of nutrients, reduces gastric acidity …
- It reinforces its anti-inflammatory properties, which help to alleviate gastritis.
- Prevents the appearance of cancers related to the digestive system thanks to its high content in hydroxicortisol.
- Stimulates the functioning of the gallbladder, reducing the formation of gallstones, and helps dissolve and eliminate stones that have already formed.
- Helps to stop smoking: It is said that taking five drops of olive oil on an empty stomach every morning helps to combat the addictive effects of nicotine.
- It helps to lose weight, as it has satiating effects that calm the appetite and also facilitates the process of transforming food, converting harmful fats into unsaturated fats or “good”.
- It fights the hangover: olive oil creates a film in the stomach that makes the alcohol to be absorbed more slowly avoiding that discomfort in the stomach.
- After seeing all the benefits that olive oil brings to our health, we realize that it is worth paying a little more and buying real olive juice: Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
To start the day with energy and help our body function better, we recommend taking a spoonful of extra virgin olive oil on an empty stomach, not to mention after a good breakfast.